Lend-A-Paw’s First Meeting of the Semester

A Zoom Meeting Officially Starts Club Activities

Courtney Anderson

Lend-A-Paw’s board from the Student Engagement Fair, which showed general information about the club and its activities.

David Sullivan, Staff Writer

Bridgewater, Va. – Lend-A-Paw’s first meeting on Sept. 10 introduced the club’s executive board and advisor to the new members. The next meeting will be held at 7 p.m. on Sept. 24, 2020. The president of the club plans for this meeting to contain information regarding future club activities. 

It is President Katy Mattox’s first year leading the club and the members are confident in Mattox’s ability.

“I have a lot of confidence in our president to make this club thrive, despite the challenges in place due to Covid-19. I hope that we’re still going to be able to advocate for animals and do our part to make the world a better place for them,” said junior Samantha Brooks. 

As a result of Covid-19, the first meeting took place over Zoom. There is still uncertainty over how future meetings will be conducted, but safety is the number-one priority.

Lend-A-Paw is still looking for more members, as they had a small number show up for the first meeting. The next meeting will most likely be on Zoom. They want to eventually have the meetings in person, but for now that is unlikely.