The Moments of a Day

What defines a day? Perhaps it’s the rising and setting of the smothering rays or the fulfillment of routine patterns and rhythms. At Bridgewater College, a day carries significantly more meaning than a timeframe.  

The photos documenting the 103rd Bridgewater College Founders Day on April 5, 2022, reveal that for students, faculty and staff, the day of an Eagle is defined by moments spent fostering goodness, seeking truth, sharing beauty and creating harmony as has been our tradition from inception.  

The original founding day of Bridgewater College in 1880 established the foundational tradition from which generation after generation of excellence-pursuing Eagles would rise. A tradition that our daily procedures, from early morning practices to late afternoon work shifts and classes, exhibits our College’s motto in beaming and subtle glimpses.  

The photos tell the story. The story of an interconnected community celebrating those individuals and those instances of goodness, truth, beauty and harmony in a most ordinary fashion on the most concentrated of days. 

Katie Baker, Editor in Chief 

Many thanks to all of those who shared their images with us on April 5 on Instagram, some of which are published here. A special appreciation to Manny José, who lives in our community, for sharing his beautiful photographs.

6:54 a.m.
7:03 a.m.
8:26 a.m.
8:42 a.m.
9:35 a.m.
9:57 a.m.
9:58 a.m.
10:04 a.m.
10:31 a.m.
11:00 a.m.
11:09 a.m.
11:59 a.m.
12:32 p.m.
2:37 p.m.
2:40 p.m.
2:49 p.m.
3:00 p.m.
3:22 p.m.
3:42 p.m.
5:20 p.m.
6:23 p.m.
7:25 p.m.
7:36 p.m.
7:37 p.m.

BCVoice • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in