Homecoming Season is Here

A Preview of Homecoming Activities

Jalissa White-Jones, Staff Writer

Bridgewater, Va – On Oct. 14 through Oct. 19, Bridgewater College will be in full swing with the annual homecoming celebration. Students can participate in many festivities, including a bonfire, BC’s Got Talent, and Bingo night. Here is a timeline of activities taking place during Homecoming week:

On Monday, Oct. 14, students and faculty will be celebrating Ernie’s Birthday Bash and bingo in the main dining hall. Students will have the opportunity to win $1000 in prizes and some of Ernie’s favorite treats. What type of birthday bash would it be without dino nuggets and birthday cake? 

On Tuesday, Oct. 15, Eagle Productions is welcoming students to movie night in Nininger Pool. Students can enjoy gummies, swedish fish, and goldfish starting at 8:00 p.m. 

Oct. 16, Wednesday night at 8:00 p.m., it is the annual BC’s got Talent, which will take place in Cole Hall. Students get a chance to show off their talents and compete for a cash prize. If students wish to participate, they will need to register ahead of time. The show will take place the week of Sept. 30. 

There will be no Homecoming events Thursday night, but on Friday night, the fun continues. 

On Oct. 18 is the annual bonfire and pep social at Dillion Field, beginning at 8 p.m. Eagle Productions will have Fall-themed activities, caramel apples, games, and prizes. To end the night, there will be fireworks.

Saturday, Oct. 19, the Eagles football team kicks off against Ferrum College. Students who are 21 and older will be able to participate in tailgating, but consuming alcohol is confined only to the tailgating event. 

Saturday’s night Casino Night event has become a crowd favorite. That night students have the option of playing roulette, poker, and blackjack. What’s a Casino Night without a DJ “getting the crowd hyped?” asked Sam Schlernitzauer, who is the coordinator of student engagement and leadership. 

Schlernitzauer added a reminder to students to stay safe and make good decisions for themselves. “We know that this is a time to celebrate, and we want students to do that, but in a safe environment for everyone.”