BCVoice

BCVoice

BCVoice

Student Athlete Focus: Kennedy Fauntleroy

The Journey of a Lifetime

The TV/Film Studio System Class Takes a Trip to Los Angeles
  • Two cars from the Wolfgang Petersen Museum, pictured are the 1963 and 1989 Chevrolet Corvette models. This museum captured the spirit and history of automobiles in commercialization, culture and sports.

• The Santa Monica Coast. A small group went there on the first day, and had quite the experience on the pier and in the Independent Spirit Awards that took place there.

• The tree Apple store is a rare sight for many students, if not many civilians in the country. The store is located in the Grove.

• The entrance gate at Paramount Pictures Studio. It’s often said to grant good luck when one walks through it and touches the black gate that guards it.

• The Hollywood sign through a pair of binoculars at the Griffith Observatory. At the observatory, students got to witness many star and planetary movement diagrams and even feel their weights on different planets’ gravities.

• At the end section of Sony Studio tour, the original Columbia Studios rainbow logo is seen in the distance. The studio showed props from the “Men in Black” and “Spider-Man” films.

• The handprint section outside the TCL Chinese Theater. These handprints honor almost a century of celebrities, with many famous names like Samuel L. Jackson and Tom Hanks.

• The Universal Studios globe outside the Hollywood theme park. It was lit up in the colors of the Universal logo as seen in the beginning of their movies.

• The neon sign at the exit of Universal Studios Hollywood, which is exclusive to the Hollywood theme park. This sign serves as the final attraction for all at the park.

• Several students before going on The Price is Right, pictured are Juniors Bailey Fulk and Ryker Lawter and Senior Bethany Chidlow. One student on the trip, sophomore Porter Burrell, got called down to participate in the show.

• Students at Dave and Busters on Sunday night. The evening offered up games, food and prizes for all as a time of comradery.

• The Paramount Studios water tower. Similar to the Warner Bros. water tower, the exception being this is not as iconic due to low usage, and it doesn’t contain water.

• The Urban Light exhibit, most famously seen in films like “La La Land.” Pictured are Emelyn Koene and Kinley Woodard.

• The interior of the TCL Chinese Theater, often where big studio films are given their premieres before being distributed across the country. This room was where “Dune Part II” premiered in 70mm film and IMAX while the Bridgewater class was there.

• The view of LA from the outside of the Griffith Observatory. The Bridgewater class visited there halfway through their trip.

• The directors and camera statue, located at the entrance of Universal Studios Hollywood. This statue showcases the effort of legendary filmmakers that have helped this studio.

• The Grove, which houses an AMC theater. It’s located in the farmers market, which is a cultural melting pot for citizens of LA who wish to share with others.

• The IMAX screen located in the TCL Chinese Theater, commonly showing 70mm film and digital projections. This screen is one of the few left in the country to show film projections as most theaters use digital projectors.