BCVoice

BCVoice

BCVoice

Student Athlete Focus: Kennedy Fauntleroy

Little Talks With the Cast of “Interview”

Abby Nester
Junior Casey Beard and sophomore Jamiah Mark hang out at the after party on October 20th. They are surrounded by cast, crew, and friends.

Bridgewater, Va.-From Oct. 18 to 21, Cole Hall at 8 p.m presented “Interview,” a play directed by Scott Cole, Professor of Theatre and Communications, about four interviewers and their interviewees.

The ensemble features freshmen Laine Anthony as a painter, Logan McNamme as a scrubber, and Acacia Scott as the banker, with junior Erin McDaniel as the lady’s maid. The interviewers were performed by freshman Malachi Benjamin, sophomore Jamiah Mark, and juniors Casey Beard and Annabelle Terry.

The Production team consisted of Cole, senior Jonathan Northrop, Ryan Howard, Holly Labbe, Shannon Dove, Elijah Cole, Johnmae Miller and Mckenzie Brown.

The ensemble each talked about their experience with auditions. Some were auditioning for theatre majors or minors. Others had a different experience. “I was in line at the K (Kline Campus Center) early and…I saw the audition sign and I said, ‘hey, why not?’” said McNamme.

“Interview” could be described as the inability to communicate with one another, though it could be taken as many different explanations.

The play’s ensemble talked in great detail about the process of rehearsals, all of whom seemed very excited about the memory.

“We incorporated a lot of improv into the final product,” said Cole after the performance. “You see that in the spatial awareness. You see that when they’re all moving around together. It truly was an ensemble piece. A lot of what you see is because they trust one another.”

The relationship between the members of the ensemble had to be built over a few weeks. As rehearsals were held, the cast got to know each other better and worked together to increase the excitement of the play.

“It’s definitely about the chemistry,” said Anthony. “I know if something is up with the chemistry with another character, it would be off.”

Oct. 20 was the day they hosted a talk-back, hosted by Northrop. Each member of the ensemble answered questions from the audience for fifteen minutes.

After the talk-backs, the ensemble hosted an after party with the sponsorship of the Center for Engagement and Activities Team in the KCC lobby. Each table was lined with two or three names of the members of the ensemble and the crew.

There was hor d’oeuvres as the ensemble mixed with the crowd, allowing for increased interest. Little table pieces were designed to appear as suitcases of all sizes.

On the window, a banner read: “Time to Get a Job.”

“The first time we read through, we almost died laughing,” said Beard.