The Student News Site of Bridgewater College

BCVoice

BCVoice

BCVoice

Student Athlete Focus: Kennedy Fauntleroy

A New Year, A New Team

The Scoop on the New Theatre Auditions
Stormi Nuckoles
The props from a former show put on by BC theatre, “American Buffalo.” The theater program will be debuting their show “Interview” from Oct. 18-21.

Bridgewater, VA-In Cole Hall on August 28th from 7-9 and 29th, 2023, from 7-8:30, numerous students auditioned or became involved in the show as Scott Cole, Professor of Theatre, headed the auditions.

Audition callings were to be cold readings. “It counts as Theatre lab, which is 1 credit,” said Cole, “Which can be added after, but you have the option to not have credit.”

Before auditions began, Cole talked about the audition process as well as the audition paperwork. Cole then asked those who were interested in non-acting roles to step aside to further discuss it at a later time.

Once the information was given out, Cole asked everyone auditioning to come on stage for a series of warm ups disguised as games. These included various forms of tag and a beach ball. Once everyone was hyped up, audition forms were handed out.

Once everyone filled out the forms, everyone auditioned individually or as a group and worked together as they waited.

“We mainly have weekday rehearsals,” said Cole. “But closer to the show, we have Sunday, too.” They may also have certain rehearsals only running from 7-9.

This semester’s main show, “Interview”, includes different scenes and different talents. The show nights are Oct. 18-21 at 8 pm in Cole Hall. Friday night will also include a Q&A session with the cast afterwards.