BCVoice

BCVoice

BCVoice

Student Athlete Focus: Kennedy Fauntleroy

Bridgewater’s Do-Si-Do

• The dancers all gather in a circle for a dance. The woman in the center was the instructor guiding the dancers.

• The participants grab each other’s hands and pull each other through the circle. They do this to start the dance.

• The members of the Bridgewater Community assemble in pairs in a line. This is where they were at for the start of a new dance.

• The attendees start to move in the lines. They reached for each other and moved how the instructor advised them.

• Everyone faces their partners for a new dance. The goal is to meet your partner in the middle.

• Two students resting in between dances, pictured are Emelyn Koene and Elizabeth Hipp, both sophomores. Elizabeth stated, “I enjoyed learning how to Contra dance. It was fun meeting new people, and I definitely got a good workout! Totally would do it again!”

• The band that performed that night, Playing with Fyre. The men performed all night, and the female bassist joined in for select songs.

• The epilogue of the dance when the majority of dancers had left. The remaining dancers assembled for a small waltz.