• Anyone Can Contribute to the BC Voice! Send your Article, Op-Ed, Letter to the Editor, or Commentary to our Editor-in-Chief Bailey Fulk ([email protected]) and We'll Get it Published!

BCVoice

BCVoice

BCVoice

Student Athlete Focus: Kennedy Fauntleroy

Music in the Valley: Morgan Dean

Alex Rakowsi
Morgan Dean performs at local event, Music for the Mind, concert at JMU. Before her career took off in the area, Dean had the opportunity to perform on “American Idol” in 2017.

Bridgewater, VA – Morgan Dean is a local musician who has started performing more recently in the Shenandoah Valley, and is well known in the area for performing on “American Idol” in 2017. Recently, she performed at local business Thirsty Burgers. 

Dean has performed all over the Valley for many years. More recently she has performed at Thirsty Burgers and the Tuning Fork in downtown Harrisonburg. 

Dean both sings and plays the guitar. Dean mostly focuses on acoustic style twists on songs people know and love. She sings country, pop, rock and christian music. Dean recently found God in her life, and pursues her career with Him always in mind. On the journey of finding Christ, she has talked about the change He has had in her life. 

“Morgan has had such a positive change within the last year and it definitely shows through her shows,” said fellow patron Courtney Daniels. “She seems calmer and more confident with His guidance. I love watching her perform. I have been to a couple of her shows now, and I love the twist she puts on classic well known songs. Her indie-feel makes for a lovely evening.” 

Dean has been singing as long as she can remember. “Music brings peace to my life. When I sing, the time disappears. I have worked so hard to get to this place in my life, and I have loved performing for the Valley over the years!” said Dean. 

You can find Morgan on Instagram at @Morgan_Dean_Sings_ for more information on her upcoming shows.