BCVoice

BCVoice

BCVoice

Student Athlete Focus: Kennedy Fauntleroy

Bingo: Game of Legends

Latham Jackson
Three friends partake in a match of bingo. This showcases the camaraderie the game brings out in everyone, as well as the competitiveness.

Bridgewater, VA. – The return of January bingo was a fruitful event, where everyone culminated for a Bridgewater tradition on Jan. 11, at 8 p.m.

The game offered plenty of prizes for students, some small in value, others large in value. Technology and dorm supplies were made as prizes. Snacks were offered at this event. The bingo of Bridgewater remains standard until the last round when it goes into a special type of round, usually sudden death. 

The game was fun for all and a surprisingly calming experience for all. One student, Mae Lotts, said, “This was the fastest bingo game we have ever had at BC but that did not stop the fun.”

Many students gathered for this one sole event. Students of all years participated in this event for a game of chance. The entire room was full of camaraderie as well as competition. Friends gathered to share in the spoils of a game that anyone can play. There was also an understanding that this game was a last man standing type of game.

The announcer was Seiya Nomura, Coordinator of Orientation and First-Year Experience, and he did a well-done job. The students were respectful to each other when winning. The winners, including Conlan Staunton and Tracy Inskip, were respectful and very patient with their winnings. The CEAT team worked well at making this event good for everyone. “Bingo night was ecstatic,” according to one student, Abe.  “It was a wonderful expenditure.”