BCVoice

BCVoice

BCVoice

Student Athlete Focus: Kennedy Fauntleroy

Isabelle Bauer’s Senior Art Show

• Isabelle Bauer stands in front of her main poster which explains what her art show is about and what inspired her. Bauer’s art show was held on April 22 in Bowman Hall.

• Bauer was inspired by coastal locations, vintage styles, and mermaids. Her goal for her show was to inspire others to visit her favorite places.

• Mini digital postcards are available for purchase. The postcards cost $5 and her large prints cost $50.

• Bauer used Procreate and Adobe programs to create each series of posters. She describes the subject in each poster to be a mermaid.

• Isabelle’s approach was inspired by vintage travel posters, each featuring stylistic attributes, such as bold illustrative quality. The big bolded letters of each destination are filled with scenery from that location.

• “The poster collection highlights these beautiful areas I’ve visited and captures the timeless, magical allure of seaside destinations,” said Bauer. She wanted her posters to attract the viewer’s eye, and she did that by adding in bright colors to show the seaside destinations.

• Many students of Bridgewater, faculty, and people in the community came to see Bauer’s art pieces. Other senior art majors held their shows throughout buildings at Bridgewater College.

• One of Bauer’s posters features a mermaid sitting at a popular beach in Ocean City. To purchase her postcards or prints, go to her Instagram: artbyizz, and check out her website :https://iraebauer.wixsite.com/artbyizzz to see more.