The Student News Site of Bridgewater College

BCVoice

BCVoice

BCVoice

Student Athlete Focus: Kennedy Fauntleroy

What’s New With Pinion Players?

Bridgewater College
This is the 2020-2021 Pinion Players. Former and previous members of the club pose for a photo after their performance “Rumors,” which had no physical audience in attendance but was live streamed via Zoom.

Bridgewater, Va.- Pinion Players, the student run theatre program on campus has been leading plays and other dramas since its inception, but the club name itself is a mystery.

Currently, junior Annabelle Terry is president of Pinion Players, with sophomore Liz D’Aurora as vice president, senior Jalyn Sneary as treasurer, junior Elizabeth Melton as historian, and junior Erin McDaniel as secretary. They are advised by Scott Cole, professor of Communications and Theatre.

“I’ve been a member of Pinion Players since I started at BC,” said Terry. “I have worked my way up through leadership so I can make this club more accessible and have more student focused events. I’m excited about the upcoming combat workshop and hope to have a good turnout.”

The group is always a part of each show, even if they are not always sponsoring the show.

“I have been a member of Pinion Players since this past spring,” said Sneary. “I joined Pinion players when I was part of student life production this past spring. And I enjoy how much we are trying to get students involved in theatre.”

On Oct. 24 in Cole Hall, the club is hosting a stage combat workshop from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., and on Nov. 3, from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., there is an improv night, also hosted in Cole Hall.

Next semester, Pinion Players is hosting the 24 hour play, which is written and rehearsed in that time.

“I joined Pinion Players last fall, and I like the community aspect of everyone who doesn’t want to do theater big time, but wants to join the events, such as learning how to do stage combat and fake slap somebody,” said McDaniel.