The Student News Site of Bridgewater College

BCVoice

BCVoice

BCVoice

Student Athlete Focus: Kennedy Fauntleroy

How MLK Stood Against the Law

Dr. Vanessa Rouillon Hosts a MLK Teach in Session
  • Dr. Vanessa Rouillon, Assistant Professor in the Department of English at Bridgewater, is being introduced by Dr. Gauri A Pitale, former Associate Dean of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Bridgewater. The lecture was about the suffering MLK went through while fighting for civil rights.

• The first slide is shown to begin the lecture by the presenter, Dr. Rouillon. This slide informs how MLK fought civil injustice despite constantly being imprisoned by the state.

• Faculty and visitors are giving a look at a slide about the facts regarding MLK and the legal system. Dr. Jamie Frueh, W. Harold Row Professor of International Studies, and Dr. Kenneth S. Overway, Associate Professor of Chemistry and Director of Endowed Lectures, are pictured above.

• One of the slides in the presentation. The number is meant to represent MLK’s prisoner number.

• Dr. Rouillon speaks about MLK’s mugshot and first arrest. Several members of the Bridgewater Community and students are pictured listening.

• A student is describing to professors what the slide is saying in regards to the Civil Rights Movement. Pictured is Dr. Betsy Hayes and Dan Finseth.

• Several people are observing a slide of more facts pertaining to the subject of MLK. Pictured is Nina Simone Andrews, Coordinator for Diversity, Education and Advocacy, sophomore Cornelius Bartels and a third student.

• Dr. Rouillon is seen speaking of MLK from her notes. Everyone is focused on the board at the front of the room in discourse of what is being shown to them.