Former KCC Employee Arrested For Murder

Former Employee Of Bridgewater College Faces Murder Charges

Marissa Giauque, Staff Writer

Bridgewater, Va.- A man local to Harrisonburg, Va., has allegedly stabbed another man. The suspect has been identified as 20-year-old Brian Hailey, an ex-employee of Bridgewater College who served omelettes during the Kline Campus Center’s late night dining hours.

On the night of Oct. 26, 2017, the victim–identified as 19-year-old Bruce Allen Dysart–was found with a stab wound around 10:45 pm near the area of 47 South Ave. An ambulance took Dysart to the Sentara RMH Medical Center. He was then flown to the UVA Medical Center for his injuries, where he later died. 

According to a press release from the Supreme Court of Virginia, Hailey has been arrested and charged with first degree murder. Hailey’s next hearing will be on Dec. 12, 2017, in which the court will finalize his sentencing. Until this date, Hailey is being held at the Rockingham County Jail without bail. 

Students from Bridgewater College recall the quality of Hailey’s omelettes. One student from Bridgewater College, senior Anthony Lovelace, took to Twitter to express his shock. Lovelace shared an article from WHSV saying, “they done got our omelette maker, y’all!” Certainly, students were in disbelief to hear about this fatal incident involving someone they once were in close contact with.  

Another student at Bridgewater College, junior Nic Fisher, also took to Twitter to express how he felt about the situation. He quoted Lovelace’s tweet and said, “lowkey would kill for one of his omelette’s [sic.] rn [right now.]” Multiple students noted Hailey’s creation of satisfactory omelettes. 

Oxford University also experienced a similar situation back in August. According to CNN, employees Wyndham Lathem and Andrew Warren were responsible for the death of Trenton Cornell-Duranleau. Cornell-Duranleau, 26, suffered multiple stab wounds and was found dead in his apartment. Lathem, 42, worked in the microbiology and immunology department as an associate professor at Northwestern, while Warren, 56, worked for Oxford University in England. 

According to WTTW Chicago tonight, Lathem and Warren entered not guilty pleas in separate hearings to six counts of first-degree murder. 

Overall, both institutions and law enforcement have handled these cases with full intentions of keeping the public safe.