Bridgewater College Celebrates Valentine’s Day

Clubs and Organizations are Spreading the Love

• Shown here are some of the decorations that can be found around campus.

• Students from the Latin Student Association selling roses in the KCC Lobby.

• Pictured are some of the consent valentines at the BC United table.

• Bridgewater junior, Jake Smith handing out candy valentines for Bridgewater’s EP Club.

Sidney Beck and Jalissa White-Jones

Bridgewater Va, – Bridgewater College faculty and students are showing love on campus with many different events and treats. During the week of Valentine’s Day, different clubs and organizations have provided candy, flowers and cards.

The class of 2023 sold chocolate candy grams for $2 in the KCC lobby on Feb. 10 through Feb. 13. Students were encouraged to buy a friend or sweetheart candy and write them a note. Candy grams are to be delivered to the student’s mail box on the day itself, Feb. 14.

The KCC provided chocolate treats leading up to Valentine’s Day in an initiative called “14 days of chocolate.” On Friday, the KCC will have a chocolate fondue bar for all to enjoy. 

Also on Feb. 14, Eagle Productions is presenting “Treat Yo Self” in the KCC main dining hall from 8:00 -10:00 p.m. Students can enjoy some special food while watching a few episodes of “Parks & Recreation.” 

Tri-Beta Honor Society held a Valentine’s and Darwin Day chocolate strawberry sale. Students got a chance to learn about Darwin Day while purchasing homemade chocolate covered strawberries. 

The KCC also joined the festivities by selling milk chocolate and white chocolate covered strawberries. The Campus Store is promoting a sweetheart sale from Feb. 10 to Feb. 14. All gifts and apparel is 25% off and all clearance items are 45% off. 

The Latin Student Association sold an assortment of flowers to fundraise for their club. Students could purchase either one flower for $2 or three flowers for $5. Peer advocate group BC United held tabling sessions to give out consent valentines to students, provided they could properly define consent. 

To conclude a week full of love and treats, the Black Student Association will be presenting a Valentine’s Day dinner on Sunday, Feb. 16, at 5 p.m. in the Boitnott Room. Tickets will be sold in the KCC lobby. The prices are $2 for singles and $5 for couples.