Fall Activities Right Down the Road From Bridgewater College

Overlook Produce and Farm Adventures Offers Students an Outdoor Getaway

• Overlook Produce and Farm Adventures offers pick your own pumpkins for $.39 a pound. The patch is home to a variety of different types of pumpkins.

• The sunflowers welcome visitors into the farm. Sunflowers can be picked at Overlook Produce and Farm Adventures for $.25 per bloom.

• Homemade apple cider donuts are made by Overlook Produce and Farm Adventures. The donuts are sold at their Dinkel Avenue produce stand location and at the corn maze location.

Katie Baker, Editor in Chief

Bridgewater, Va. – With the cooling of the temperature and the changing colors of the leaves, it is clear to the Bridgewater College community that fall has arrived. 

The outdoor activities at Overlook Produce and Farm Adventures provide BC students with an opportunity to explore the Shenandoah Valley in the fall season — with only a five minute drive from campus. 

The largest attraction for BC students has been the five-acre corn maze that the farm features. “I came to do the corn maze and to be with friends,” said junior Cam Rosenberger. 

With Covid-19 creating risks for gatherings, students are having to seek safer ways to spend time  together. Outdoor activities, like the ones at Overlook Produce and Farm Adventures, allow students to follow the Bridgewater College guidelines of wearing a mask and staying six feet apart. 

“I really wanted to get outside,” said senior Cara LaVigne. “I have four classes online, so I’m living in my room all the time.” 

In addition to the corn maze, the farm offers pick your own pumpkins and sunflowers. A favorite amongst BC students are the homemade apple cider donuts. “The donuts are really good,” said senior Emily Gormus. 

Entry into the farm is free. Corn maze tickets are $7 per person; however, with the corn maze ticket purchase comes a coupon for $1 off of ice cream at Smiley’s Ice Cream, $1 off of a mum and a free apple cider donut. 

The farm is located off of Dinkel Avenue at 551 Old Bridgewater Road, Mt Crawford, Va. The hours are Monday through Friday 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.