Student Life Pop-Up Events on the Campus Mall

Student Life Provides Events for Bridgewater College Students to Attend In-between Classes

Jordan Davis, Staff Writer

Bridgewater, Va. – Student Life at Bridgewater College has designed numerous “pop-up” events for all students. The events entail discussions, crafting and games. 

Each pop-up event is held outside on the campus mall in a socially distanced and masked way. Pop-up events were created for students to walk out of class and into the events. 

On Sept. 16, Student Life held a “Where do you find Happiness?” pop-up event. Students were able to join together to have conversations about how they find happiness and the best ways to spread happiness. Students then painted rocks with positive messages that were placed all around campus. 

On Sept. 18, Student Life held their second pop-up event titled “Chalk Your Walk”. Students were able to chalk the sidewalks around the mall with quotes, images, and drawings to help uplift and share joy on campus. 

Student Life continues to research for future pop-up event planning for on campus students. In addition, Student Life is engaging in ways to increase involvement for remote students. 

The last pop-up event for the month of Sept. was centered around free speech –following the Emerson Sykes endowed lecture.