Fall Fest: A Time for Community

S’mores, Games, Music, and Fellowship on the Mall

• On Friday Oct. 30 from 2 to 4 p.m., students, faculty and staff gathered on the campus mall for a time to paint pumpkins, play games, roast s’mores and safely interact with each other during Fall Fest.

• There were several stations set up for students to either paint pumpkins or roast s’mores. One station by the BC athletic team offered students the opportunity to roast their own hot dogs.

• While there are stations where students can either roast s’mores or hot dogs, there are other stations where students and faculty and staff can sit and catch up with each other. Vice President for Student Life and Dean of Students Leslie Frere (pictured here) is one of many Student Life staff who attended the event.

• At least four tables were set up for students to paint pumpkins. The office of Student Life provided spray paints and sharpies along with some disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizers to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Senior Mary Werner (pictured here) took her mask off for a second to show off her Halloween makeup.

• One activity of the afternoon was cornhole. Students were required to wipe down the boards and beanbags before and after they play the game with their friends.

• Some attendees chose to put on costumes to start the Halloween celebration a little early. Yoda and Han Solo even made an appearance!

• Along with the smell of roasting s’mores, music filled the air at Fall Fest. Members of Bridgewater Colleges band played music at the event.

• All good things must come to an end. Campus security started closing the event down by putting out the fire pits.

Shaina Breeden, Staff Writer