Three Tarheels Named BC Men’s Basketball Captains

Bridgewater Eagles Athletics

(Left to right) Kellen Hodge, Andy Pack, and Fletcher Jackson were named captains of the Bridgewater College men’s basketball team, who will return to play in January.

Leyton Pullin, Staff Writer

Bridgewater, Va. – On Nov. 3, junior Kellen Hodge, sophomore Fletcher Jackson and junior transfer Andy Pack were named captains of the Bridgewater College men’s basketball team.

In the 2019 season, the team’s top two scorers, Chandler Murray and Davrion Grier, graduated. The team has turned to two returners and a Division I transfer to take over the leadership roles.

Hodge returns to BC for his junior season from a 2019 campaign where he was sidelined for most of the year with an injury. Hodge played in only 11 games and started in five of those. He averaged three points and rebounds in those 11 games. 

Another returning Eagle selected to a captain’s role is Jackson. Jackson comes back to campus coming off of an up and down freshman season where he played in 25 games as a jobber off of the bench. 

Jackson shot 40% from the field a year ago. He is currently sidelined with a knee injury, but is hopeful to return when the season gets underway. 

The third captain selected by Coach Enright is the Elon transfer, Pack. In Pack’s last season at Elon (2019), he saw action in 31 games, shooting 84% from the charity stripe. 

Pack was a McDonald’s All American Nominee out of high school and will look to bring his experience from the CAA to BC. 

All three of these captains hail from the state of North Carolina. Pack and Hodge both attended Northern Guilford High School. They will look to bring their chemistry to the court whenever the Eagles return to play in January.