Pinion Players Set to Perform “Rumors”

Performance Will Be Both Live Streamed and In-Person

Pinion+Players

Katelyn Harrison

Pictured (front row starting from the left) junior Kylee Lorio, senior Avery Njau, senior Daniel Jones, (back row starting from the right) sophomore Beth Gaver, junior Carlos Allen, senior Taylor Callahan, first year Mateo Tucker, junior Shayne Williamson, sophomore Gabbi Signor and sophomore Ashley Martin. The Pinion Players club will be performing the show “Rumors” on March 19 and 20.

Katelyn Harrison, Staff Writer

Bridgewater, Va. – Members of the Pinion Players club at Bridgewater College will be performing the show “Rumors” next Friday and Saturday, March 19 and 20, at 8 p.m. with both an in-person and online audience. 

Each member of the cast will be allowed to invite two BC students to watch the show live each day next week during dress rehearsals and performances. For students who want to watch but are not able to attend in-person, the show will be live-streamed both Friday and Saturday. 

Club members are working this week to prepare for dress rehearsals next week. 

“Rehearsals have also been a fun thing to do,” said junior Carlos Allen. “We just come in and everyone’s cool with you. If you need to say something, call a line or anything like that it’s fine.” 

The show is roughly an hour and 45 minutes long and is categorized as a comedy. 

After the show, the club is looking to possibly put on another show titled “Under the Sunbeams.” Along with this, the club is going to be working with the Horizons Learning Foundation in Harrisonburg, Va. 

“We might help with a Harrisonburg camp for ages kindergarten to fifth grade,” said senior Elysia Gomez, club president. “We’ll do workshops with them and do a little play with them and just teach them more about theater.”