BC Women’s Soccer Wins Eighth Straight Game

Eagles Shut Out Guilford 5-0

Bridgewater Eagles Athletics

Junior Hanna Randolph brings the ball up the field, looking to score for the Eagles. The Eagles grab a 5-0 win over Guilford College.

Evan Maxey, Staff Writer

Bridgewater, Va. – The Bridgewater College women’s soccer team picked up their eighth straight win in a 5-0 rout over Guilford College. The Eagles are now 8-0 overall and 6-0 in ODAC play. 

The Eagles connected on their first goal of the day at the 17:32 mark of the first period with the score coming from junior midfielder Hanna Randolph. Freshman forward Makayla Zanders hit Randolph with a nice pass to earn her first assist of the year.

Minutes later, the Quakers would make a push and take a shot on goal, but it would be saved by the Eagle’s senior goalkeeper Sydney Davis. That would be the only action that Davis would see on the day, due to the Eagles stellar defense. 

BC scored their second goal of the half with an assist from junior defender Jordan Davis to freshman forward Madeline Bohan. This gave the Eagles a 2-0 lead at the 35-minute mark. After a BC substitution seconds later, Bohan would score again for her second of the day. The Eagles would take a 3-0 lead into the half over Guilford College. 

The Eagles came out of the half firing the same way they did in the first period. At the 55:43 mark, BC would go up 4-0 on a goal from senior forward Cyan Coates with the assist coming from freshman midfielder Alicia Keo. 

Bridgewater’s defense continued to play lights out, allowing only one shot the entire second period and three on the day. 

The fifth score of the day for the Eagles came on a shot by senior midfielder Rachel Bullard at the 83:55 mark.

The victory for the Eagles was their eighth on the season and keeps their perfect record intact. The win also extended BC’s lead in the ODAC standings, now having a two-game lead over second place Washington & Lee who is 4-0. 

The Eagles will be back in action on April 4 at Washington & Lee.