Women’s Tennis Stays Undefeated

Leyton Pullin

The women’s tennis team picked up an 8-1 victory over Randolph on Friday. With the win, the team moves to 4-0 on the season.

Leyton Pullin, Staff Writer

Bridgewater, Va. – The Bridgewater College women’s tennis team picked up a 8-1 win over Randolph on Friday, March 26 to stay undefeated on the year.

The Eagles opened the match coming out strong in doubles, as sophomore Ali Kiester and senior Rachel Crawford were first off the court with a quick 8-0 victory at the No. 2 spot. 

No. 1 doubles was next off the court as senior Whitney Kiser and sophomore Malena Hoover cruised to a 8-2 win.

Sophomore Kaci Pitsenbarger played in her first college match as she teamed up with senior Alexia Will for an 8-0 victory at the No. 3 spot.

The Eagles kept their foot on the gas, as they carried their dominant performance over to singles. Kiser added to her undefeated singles mark on the year with a 6-0, 6-2 victory at the No. 1 slot. Crawford also picked up a quick victory at the No. 3 spot 6-2, 6-0.

Kiester cruised her way through at the No. 5 spot 6-1, 6-1. Hoover and freshman Ryan Roeber added the final two wins for the Eagles at the No. 3 and No. 6 spot respectively. Both ladies picked up double bagel victories 6-0, 6-0. 

The lone Eagles loss came at No. 2 singles as Junior Emily Diagneualt fell 2-6, 2-6.

The Eagles (4-0) will travel to Shenandoah (0-2) on Monday, March 29 for a 4 PM date with the Hornets.