BC Triathlon Challenge Prompts Students to Run, Swim and Bike

Tyler Tabor

Junior Tyronne Warren trains for the triathlon in his dorm room due to the constricting nature of working out during the pandemic.

Tyler Tabor, Staff Writing

Bridgewater, Va. – On March 22, Bridgewater College Campus Rec began the BC Triathlon Challenge. The challenge includes a one-mile swim, a 10k run and a 25-mile bike ride/spin bike mileage. The challenge is open to all students, undergraduate and graduate alike, while also accommodating students who are online. 

As for prizes, BC Campus Rec is offering the top five finishers, men and women each, an intramural t-shirt. The top 30 finishers will receive a BC triathlon shirt. 

“I think that this is a great opportunity for those to get out of the house and do something productive,” said junior Tyronne Warren. “Quarantine has encaptured us in our homes so it is nice for everyone to get out.” 

This contest will be open until April 21 to accommodate those students who are online or those with busy schedules. Students also do not need to be competing to be a part of the triathlon, as junior McPherson Frye is planning on proctoring Warren. 

“Tyronne is my cousin and a good friend, so it is no problem to watch him as he competes in the triathlon,” said Frye.

The triathlon will allow the contestants to track their mileage over the course of several weeks or allow entries that track over a full day. To sign up, visit the Campus Recreation page on MyBC.