Tri-Beta Honor Society Lining-Up Fundraisers & Events for BC Students to Enjoy

Tri-Beta+Photo

Brooke Locascio

The group of newly selected Tri-Beta executive board members after last year’s induction ceremony. Pictured left to right: Joshua Sprouse (Vice President), Brooke Locascio (President), Kelly Akers (Historian), Cheyenne Villarosa (Treasurer).

Ashlee VanArsdale, Staff Writer

Bridgewater, Va. – Tri-Beta is the Biology Honor Society of Bridgewater College and their main goal is to support research while working with the community. They have been focusing on staying active this semester regardless of the challenges thrown their way. 

“Our club has gotten this far thanks to the commitment made by executive board members and the help and support of our advisor, Dr. Lickey,” expressed the Vice President of Tri-beta Josh Sprouse, a senior.  

Tuesday, April 20, any student can participate in the “Pie your Professor” fundraiser. Tickets are $2 for one pie or $4 for three pies. This event will be available for students on zoom and those on campus. Time, payment methods, and participating professors are TBD. Keep an eye out for announcements with final details.

Tri-beta is working with the Bridgewater Coffee Co. to create a reward program for students who verbalize that they are there to purchase an order for Tri-beta. Details TBD. 

“We are looking forward to partnering with Eco-Action for an Earth Day event and the Environmental Science Club for the McKinney Takeover, but we also have been working on some fundraisers as well,” said President of Tri-beta Brooke Locascio, a senior. 

Details regarding the Earth Day event is TBD. The McKinney Takeover will unfortunately not be happening this semester, but students should expect to see more information being released regarding this event.

If you are a Biology major with at least a 3.0 GPA, then keep an eye on your email for an invitation to the club from Associate Professor Biology Ed Lickey. New board members will be elected on April 15. 

If you have any questions regarding the club or upcoming events, please contact Professor Lickey at [email protected].