Bridgewater College Women’s Tennis Stays Unbeaten

Whitney+Kiser

Bridgewater Eagles Athletics

The Eagles stayed undefeated with 9-0 victory over Ferrum. Senior Whitney Kiser, pictured here, stayed undefeated in singles play as well with a double bagel victory 6-0, 6-0 at No. 1 victory.

Leyton Pullin, Staff Writer

Bridgewater, Va. – The women’s tennis team picked up a win over Ferrum on Monday, April 12, in dominating fashion 9-0.

The Eagles came roaring out of the gates without dropping a game in any of the three doubles matches, as all teams secured bagel victories 8-0 over the Panthers. 

Senior Whitney Kiser and sophomore Malena Hoover teamed up for the win at No. 1 doubles, senior Rachel Crawford and sophomore Ali Keister teamed up for the win at No. 2 and sophomore Emily Daigneault and freshman Ryan Roeber teamed up for the win at No. 3 doubles. 

The Eagles did not take their foot off the gas in singles either as they dropped a total of two games in all their singles matches. Kiser, Crawford and Hoover all earned 6-0, 6-0 double bagel victories at No. 1, No. 3 and No. 4 respectively. 

Daigneault picked up a victory at the No. 2 spot as her opponent retired due to injury. Daigneault was ahead 5-0 in the first set.

Keister and Roeber both picked up 6-0, 6-1 victories at No. 5 and No. 6 singles respectively to conclude the 9-0 sweep for the Eagles.

The team improves to 7-0 on the season, continuing to extend the best start in program history under current head coach Jordon Robinson. 

The Eagles have a big match up next on their schedule as they are slated to host Lynchburg on Wednesday in a match up of unbeatens in ODAC play. Student Tickets are still available.