Family Weekend Competition on The Mall

Saturday Morning Corn Hole Tournament

• At the end of this year’s family weekend corn hole tournament, it was junior Jacob Jones and his father Shane Jones — who were able stay in the game and win themselves a Bridgewater Intramural t-shirt.

• This year’s Family Weekend saw the return of many parents and siblings on campus. The first activity to start off the day was a corn hole tournement, supervised by Coordinator of First-Year Experience and Orientation Marc Lonnet and run by first-year students Savannah Clark and MacKenzie Taylor.

• The corn hole tournament took place outside on the campus mall at ten o’clock in the morning, with clear skies and warm weather.

• As the heat slowly increased, spectators and participants of the tournament were able to stay cool. The trees around the campus mall gave students and their families lots of shade while on the lawn.

• As the tournament came to an end, only two boards were left out on the lawn in the final round — leaving the two remaining teams as the center of attention.

• Those who were not competing in the tournament or who were waiting for the next round to start, had the opportunity to play spike ball or horse shoes.

• While engaging in a little competition, students were able to spend time with their parents and siblings after four weeks of being on-campus. Pictured is senior Kylie Chisnell.

• 32 people signed-up, for a total of sixteen teams, competing in the corn hole tournament to win the prize of two BC intramural t-shirts.

Lamont Jones, Staff Writer