Two Year Anniversary of Forrer Learning Commons Opening at Bridgewater College

Malcolm Anderson

The FLC will be hosting its two year anniversary celebration with the help of the IT Department and other college services in order to relieve stress within the student body and celebrate the anniversary of the opening.

Malcolm Anderson, Staff Writer

Bridgewater, Va. – The Bridgewater IT Department is teaming up with the FLC staff to hold a celebratory event for the two year anniversary of the building’s opening on Feb. 18 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

To commemorate the opening, the FLC will be hosting an event on Friday called “The Cookie Walk.” In a weekly update email sent to student workers in the FLC, there will be “about 500 cookies at different stations around the building.” Additionally, there will be live music in the Perdue Art Gallery from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. and two thirty-minute yoga sessions at 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Those who wish to participate in yoga are encouraged to bring their own yoga mat.  

The Bridgewater IT Center will be hosting Super Smash Bros. gaming in the king portico on the first level of the FLC.

“The idea for the event came about in a meeting of the Morgridge Center for Collaborative Learning, which works to find synergies between the different services of the FLC,” said Learning Services Librarian Taylor Baugher. “The idea of the cookie walk comes from the 12 different varieties of cookies being offered.” 

Even though the intention of this event is to celebrate the second anniversary of the FLC, Baugher also explained that it will serve in additional ways. 

“There was a lot of back and forth before it became a cookie walk with the intention of relieving stress and providing a time to meet different members of the academic support services available in the building,” said Baugher.