Magnolia’s Taco and Tequila Bar to Open in Bridgewater

Brooke DiCicco

Generations Park, on North Main Street in Bridgewater, Va is welcoming Magnolia’s Taco and Tequila Bar to its vacant restaurant space.

Brooke DiCicco, Photography Manager

Bridgewater, Va.- Bridgewater College students will have a new restaurant to look forward to at their return to campus in August 2022. 

It was announced in March that Magnolia’s Taco and Tequila Bar would be opening a second location by Generations Park where Urgie’s Cheesesteaks was previously located. The original location is situated in downtown Harrisonburg.

According to an article by DNR, the Town of Bridgewater has been looking for a business to replace Urgie’s since its closing in September 2021. Prior to being Urgie’s, it was a Jalepeño Southwest Grill location that closed in January of 2020.

Currently in Bridgewater, the Cracked Pillar is the only restaurant that features a bar. This location will give students and community members a new spot to gather.

Bridgewater students have mixed feelings, but are optimistic for a new restaurant after two recent closures between Urgie’s and Sergio’s. 

“I think it’s pretty cool; it’s kind of nice to have something different,” said first-year Jennifer Meija.

“I think it’s going to be amazing and give a great atmosphere for the Bridgewater students and local community,” said first-year Lynnea Adomeite.

“I do miss Urgie’s, but I will be open to trying it,” said sophomore BK Fru. 

The new location is set to open no later than June 1.