Bridgewater’s Newest Hotspot: Magnolia’s Taco and Tequila Bar

Nathan Good, Editor-In-Chief

Bridgewater, Va.- Magnolia’s Taco and Tequila Bar has expanded from downtown Harrisonburg and opened a Bridgewater location in early July. The new restaurant offers a fresh atmosphere and delicious Mexican cuisine.

The vibrant decor and color scheme of the restaurant make the experience more than just eating great cuisine. Magnolia’s offers a fresh, open environment and an array of seating options to choose from including the bar, tables and booths.

“I really like the environment of it,” said senior Kelli Ansell. “Their outdoor seating is good for summer nights.”

The inviting menu makes it easy to mix-and-match different tacos, and has an extensive drink menu. The carne asada tacos and raspberry margarita are two of my favorite menu items, but it is hard to go wrong considering the traditional and pleasing flavors. 

After the closure of several restaurants in the same building, Magnolia’s comes in strong with something unique and fresh to the small community. Their fast service, mouth-watering food, and glowing environment may propel them to a Bridgewater staple.

“Magnolia’s Tacos and Tequila Bar has an atmosphere that makes you feel welcome the second you walk in the door,” said junior and Magnolia’s server Bethany Chidlow. “Our store owners are very involved and care about all of their employees and customers so much. Birria Tacos paired with any one of our famous margaritas is always a hit.

Upon the new semester, I highly recommend trying Magnolia’s for lunch or dinner. Head out with a group of friends, share something tasty, have some laughs, and relish in the experience.

Magnolia’s is also hiring for any student looking for a job close to campus that also has a warm and inviting atmosphere.