New Hot Dog Stand Opens in Bridgewater

Bailey Fulk

Sam’s Hot Dog Stand is well known to the Shenandoah Valley, but the restaurant became even more familiar to town residents when it opened a new location in the heart of Bridgewater.

Bailey Fulk, Staff Writer

Bridgewater, Va.- The community welcomed Sam’s Hot Dog Stand in town earlier this year as it opened the doors at its new location on North Main Street.

On May 17 of this year, Sam’s Hot Dog Stand added a new location in Bridgewater, but it wasn’t originally planned to plant its roots here.

“I wanted to open the location in Lexington but the lady I worked with recommended I open it in Bridgewater instead because it’s a small, quaint town,”  said owner Leslie Fitzgerald. “Once we started working on the building and getting the restaurant set up, I knew it was the perfect location and just what this town needed.”

Local restaurants in a small town like Bridgewater give great support to their business owners, build new relationships within the community and are appreciated by locals.

“Being a college student, it’s nice to have places to go to on the weekend that are different from places in my own hometown. It’s like going out with friends and getting to know the people in the local community,” said sophomore Keaton Ellis.

Friday, Sept. 23, Sam’s Hot Dog Stand will be providing hot dogs at the Campus Police and Safety Open House, which is being held from 3-6 p.m. As for the business, Fitzgerald wants to host an official grand opening, since she didn’t throw one on the official opening date.