Oktoberfest Returns to The Cracked Pillar

The Cracked Pillar

Servers at The Cracked Pillar pose for a picture during this year’s Oktoberfest event in Bridgewater on Oct. 6-8. Their costumes are a spin on the traditional Oktoberfest outfits worn in Germany.

Bailey Fulk, Staff Writer

Bridgewater, Va.- The Cracked Pillar in Bridgewater rang in the new season with their annual Oktoberfest event on Oct. 6-8 with live music, a stein hoisting competition and limited edition beer.

What’s New?

• Every year, the Cracked Pillar hosts its Oktoberfest event at the beginning of October. This event has all types of enticing, traditional fall events, food and drinks to fill the weekend. 
  • “We had fall-related craft beers, such as pumpkin beer, bavarian pretzels, homemade sauerkraut and German potato salad,” said owner of The Cracked Pillar Patti Landes. “The whole experience is just for fun, and it brings people together through music and a fun holiday. It’s something different than our normal speed, so it’s enjoyable for our staff and the community.”

Why it Matters:

• This yearly event is considered a legacy at the Cracked Pillar, as it brings in all sorts of people to celebrate the season. 
  • “I’ve never seen any other restaurant host an event like this, so it was fun to go see what it was like and have a good time celebrating the new season,” said sophomore Ryker Lawter.

What’s Ahead:

• The Cracked Pillar hosts live music and events throughout the year. Their Facebook page has a list of upcoming events, including Jessi Pugh performing on Saturday, Oct. 22 and a canine Halloween costume contest on Oct. 26.