Women’s Cross Country Finish Fourth in ODAC Championship

• Bridgewater College women’s cross country team competed on Oct. 29 for the ODAC championship. The women placed fourth overall out of ten. “The team raced for each other and had a good day out there,” said junior Elena Larcombe.

• The team prays together on the starting line. They finished with an average 6k time of 25:02. “We had a really strong race and effort in the conference meet,” said sophomore Sarah Earle. “A lot of us weren’t feeling as well as we would have liked, but we came out and proved we still complete well in the face of adversity. I’m really proud of the effort everyone put in, and I’m just so happy I got to compete alongside those girls.”

• The starting canon goes off and starts the race. BC scored a total of 111 points during the ODAC championship.

• Sophomore Emily Smeds at the two and the half-mile mark of her race. Smeds had an average mile time of 6:15.

• Sophomore Megan Wimmer sprints the last few meters of the race. Wimmer scored a total of 32 points for the team.

• Sophomore Ashley Dodd finishes her race. Dodd placed 50th overall.

• Sophomore Molly Williamson running toward the finish line. Williamson ran an average mile of 8:11.

• Sophomore Smeds and Junior Mackenzie Young receive medals at ODACS. Smeds received second team all-conference and Young received first team all-conference.

Lydia Hart, Staff Writer