Community Trick or Treat

The town of Bridgewater comes to campus

Lamont Jones, Staff Photographer

• On Oct. 17, residents of Bridgewater were invited to campus for an evening of Trick or Treating on the mall. Multiple on-campus departments and student clubs and organizations volunteered to hand out candy and other treats.

• Senior Madison Dunbar represented Bridgewater’s book club while handing out treats to the children. “I volunteered because it brings the sense of community into Bridgewater,” said Dunbar.

• Members of the women’s softball team were among the sports teams who handed out treats.

• Representatives from Bridgewater’s Asian Student Association and Latin Student Association handed out cupcakes in addition to candy. Kelsie Campos (left), senior Bailey Scaledo (center), sophomore Lia Roberts (right).

• Students liked the idea of inviting the residents of the town to campus. “I think it’s a great idea. It brings a sense of community to Bridgewater into our campus,” said Dunbar.

• Junior Jasmine Jones enjoyed seeing the kids of Bridgewater dressed up in their costumes and the community coming together. “I want to be a pediatrician, so just being involved with children in this way is very heartwarming.”

• Many families attended the event, dressed in a variety of costumes. Some students decided to put on their Halloween costumes as well.

• Jones dressed as Velma From Scooby Doo, for the Community Trick or Treating because she had the material for it in her closet. While Dunbar did not dress in costume for the event, she would like to dress as Daphne from Scooby Doo.