Bridgewater Women’s Cross Country Team Places 11th at Regionals

• Cross Country coach Phil Spitzer gives a pep talk at the starting line. The team scored a total of 330 points.

• Junior Grace Howell paces at the two kilometer mark. Howell ran an average of 8:30 a mile for her 6K.

• Sophomore Sarah Earle pushes through the last stretch of the race. Earle placed 80th out of the 176 runners.

• First-year Regan Robinson manages to maintain her pace behind Earle in the last 20 yards. Robinson ran a 28:27, placing at 110th.

• Sophomore Kinley Woodard passes through other runners. Woodard ran a time of 29:07 scoring a total of 112 points for her team. “Regionals was a fun race to run with the team. It was nice that everyone from the team came out, even though not everyone ran,” said Woodard. “Personally, I felt really encouraged seeing familiar faces on the sidelines cheering for me. We all have been working hard all season, and I think all our hard work showed in one way or another. It’s always a good day to run with my teammates, and now it’s time to get ready for our indoor season.”

• Sophomore Megan Wimmer finishing the final stretch of the race. Wimmer ran an average of 8:10 mile pace, finishing with a time of 30:26.

• Junior Mackenzie Young gives her all toward the finish line. Young received All-Region, placing 25th.

• Sophomore Emily Smeds at the two kilometer mark, catching up to other runners ahead. Smeds also received All-Region, running a time of 24:07.

Lydia Hart, Staff Writer