Bridgewater Men’s Cross Country Team Places 16th at Regionals

• The men’s team huddles together minutes before the race starts. They scored a total of 454 points.

• The Eagles get hype for the race. They placed 16th overall in the region.

• Junior Ethan Duncan sticks with a group passing the 2km mark. The Men’s Cross Country team at Bridgewater looks forward to the indoor track season ahead.

• Senior Vinny Leo pushes through to pass the runners ahead of him. Leo ran an average mile of 6:24, running a 31:45 8k.

• Junior Caleb Bradley makes his way passing the four kilometer mark. Bradley ran a 30:43 time, scoring 110 points for the team.

• Freshman Gabe Miller gives his all to catch up to the runner ahead. Miller scored the team a total of 90 points, running a 29:46 8K. “It was a really great first season of cross country,” said Miller. “I’m really proud of all the work my guys put in this fall, and I’m excited to see what we can do in track.”

• Senior Jacob Gregory sprints through the last stretch of the race, running an average of 5:56 per mile throughout.“The race was a true testament to the reality of our sport,” said Gregory. “Not every day can be your best, but you can do everything in your power to be the best you can be each day. And while our team did not perform like we wanted to, we are going to continue chiseling away at the stone and bounce back strong in the coming track season.”

• Junior Tony Cadle makes it past the two kilometer mark. Cadle ran an 8K time of 27:24, placing 36th.

Lydia Hart, Staff Writer