2/5 Women’s and Men’s Track Recap

Bridgewater College Athletics

Sophomore Aaron Moon posing on media day this past year. The Eagles’ next meet is at the Joe LaRocco Invitational at Roanoke College on Feb. 11.

Kevin Tiffey , Staff Writer

Bridgewater, Va.- The Bridgewater women’s and men’s track teams competed at the Camel City Invite on Feb. 3 and 4.

Men’s Track

The Eagles got it started with sophomore Michael Smith who broke the Bridgewater College track and field record in the team’s weight throw mark.

Smith broke the record that was set by senior Peter Multon just six days ago at the last track meet, the Patriot Games. Smith ended up finishing second with a top throw of 18.41 meters out of a field of nearly 30 throwers. Fulton ended up placing third with a throw of 18.02 meters and senior Jake NcNutt finished fifteenth in the event with a throw of 13.43 meters.

Sophomore Aaron Moon placed nineteenth in the long jump by jumping 6.30 meters. Easton Repko finished ninth in the pole vault with a height of 4.10 meters.

Senior Kyle Clanton almost got into the 60-meter dash final with a time of 7.08 seconds. Junior Da’Shawn Wilson and Ben Baker ran the 400-meter dash. Sophomore Cy Alderman and Baker competed in the 200-meter as well.

Fulton was the top Division III finisher in shot put with a best throw of 14.15 meters. Fulton ended up finishing eleventh overall, as well as Tony Nesslerodt finishing with a 12.02-meter throw.

Moon and junior Anthony Matthews both finished in the top 10 for the triple jump with Moon having a jump of 12.59 meters and Matthews with a jump of 12.55 meters.

Women’s Track 

First-year Brianna Morgan set a new record in the all-time Bridgewater top 10 with a weight throw of 12.29 meters. 

Junior Mackenzie Young ran the 5000-meter race with a time of 18.43.03 to finish seventh overall. Sophomore Emily Sends finished tenth in the race with a time of 18.50.61.

Senior Cassidy Oliver and first-year Jade Buckles both competed in the long jump with a jump of 4.53 and 4.50 meters. Oliver also competed in the 200-meter and 400-meter races. Junior Adalia Coleman competed in the 60-meter prelim with a time of 7.90 seconds.

Oliver led out of the three Eagles who competed in the triple jump. Oliver’s best jump was 10.03 meters.