National Campus Rec Day at BC

• The Funkhouser Center hosted events for National Campus Rec Day on Feb. 22. The events started with a wellness walk organized by Wellness Education Director Katie Seymour. People: Alyssa Eckstein, Freshman Erica Tiffany, Sophomore Katie Seymour, Wellness Education Director

• Sophomore Erica Tiffany and first-year Alyssa Eckstein found painted rocks on campus near Bowman Hall. “This walk gives me a chance to take a break from school work and explore more of campus,” said Eckstein.

• The next event was held by Campus Recreation Director Lori Shrock. Seniors Mason Mitchel and Patrick Albany attended the event. “[The goal of the event is] to have fun, and to not get injured,” said Shrock.

• The friendly competition ended with Mitchel winning the event. “These events allow students to push each other. If more students attended these events, the competition would be so much more entertaining,” said Mitchel.

• The room was full of laughter throughout this event. Mitchel and Albany asked each other every couple seconds “how many do you have?” to try and get more than one another.

• The next event was yoga, hosted by junior Katie Yoder. “[My favorite part of these events is] seeing new faces and meeting new people,” said Yoder. “It’s nice because it makes me do it too. Yoga is a nice way to slow down.”

• The corn hole tournament followed the yoga session. Sophomores Richard Edmonds and Tommy Ashby played cornhole in front of the Funkhouser Center.

• The last event of the night was the 3-point contest. Shrock explained that campus recreation hosts events like this often.

Bethany Chidlow, Staff Writer