BC Students Recommend Binge Worthy Series

The second and third seasons of “You” are currently Netflixs tenth and ninth most popular English language series, according to official statistics. These stats rank the streaming services most popular shows by the number of hours viewed in the first 28 days.

Netflix

The second and third seasons of “You” are currently Netflix’s tenth and ninth most popular English language series, according to official statistics. These stats rank the streaming service’s most popular shows by the number of hours viewed in the first 28 days.

Gianni Maltese, Staff Writer

Bridgewater, Va.- Juniors Ally Thompson and Caleb Bradley recommend “You” and “The Seven Deadly Sins” respectively as must-watch, binge worthy television series.

The first season of “You” centers on Joe Goldberg, a New York City bookstore manager who falls in love with Guinevere Beck after meeting her and learning that she is an aspiring writer. Using social media and other forms of technology to keep tabs on her whereabouts and remove roadblocks to their romance, he grows an unhealthy obsession.

“The show captivates my attention, leaving me to want to continue watching more,” said Thompson. “I really enjoy the plot of subtle romance and flirting within the characters, then the surprise of mystery and suspense.”

A fifth and final season of “You” was recently announced by Netflix and is set to premier sometime in 2024. 

Bradley’s recommendation, “The Seven Deadly Sins,” is an anime adventure fantasy story.

“I really like fighting animes like ‘The Seven Deadly Sins’ because of how well the combat done is for the first few seasons,” said Bradley. “Eventually I got really interested in the storyline because it included a lot of stuff from the past during the show that gives us a reason for the events in the present to occur.”

Junior Caleb Bradley recommends “The Seven Deadly Sins.” The show received favorable reviews, with 79% of viewers giving it a satisfactory grade for its consistent plot twists and turns.
(Netflix )

This thriller involves a group of warriors who were wrongly accused of a crime they did not commit and went on a quest to vindicate themselves. There are four seasons of “The Seven Deadly Sins” available on Netflix.

Between the two binge worthy recommendations, but are available on Netflix and will likely appeal to a wide audience. “You” is an appropriate choice for physiological thriller junkies, and “The Seven Deadly Sins” is a must-watch for any manga fan.