Experience the Valley Mall in Harrisonburg

Ortez Marshman

The Valley Mall is located off of East Market Street in Harrisonburg, Va. There are more than thirty businesses located in the mall, including department stores, boutiques and restaurants.

Ortez Marshman, Staff Writer

Harrisonburg, Va.- The Valley Mall is located in Harrisonburg, Va., and students from the surrounding universities and colleges, including Bridgewater College, visit the location for shopping and dining. 

While some people enjoy spending hours at a time shopping, others prefer finding what they need and leaving. 

“It was a little boring because there aren’t a lot of shops that I personally like there,” said senior Ben Ogle. “I went to Spencer’s and got some posters, and then I went to Bath and Body Works to grab some Christmas gifts for my siblings. The few times I have been, I spent about an hour in the mall each time.”

Some students enjoyed their experience at the Valley Mall, but prefer the shopping opportunities in their hometown more.

“I went to Auntie Anne’s and the bookstore Books-A-Million. I enjoyed my time going to the mall being accompanied by friends. I like the Books-A-Million, but I prefer the mall from my hometown a little bit more,” said sophomore Miles Hudson.

The mall is a twenty-minute drive from the college and is nearby by other shopping and dining opportunities, such as Harrisonburg Crossing.  It is open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and 12:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Sundays.