BCVoice

BCVoice

BCVoice

Student Athlete Focus: Kennedy Fauntleroy

Bridgewater College Esports Makes Big Steps Moving Into Their Fall 2023 Season

Hunter
Bridgewater College Esports has its competition space on the third floor of the Heritage/Wright link. The practice space is located next door and is available for all team and club members.

Bridgewater, Va- Bridgewater College’s Varsity Esports team has concluded tryouts this past week running from 8/28 through 9/1, preparing for the program’s launch in the coming weeks.

The Esports team expanded from five games to recruiting for seven consisting of League of Legends, Overwatch, Valorant, Rocket League, Super Smash Bros., Madden 2k, and EAFC. Titles are set to expand with the growth of the organization.

There are 45 students participating in varsity teams as well as content and broadcasting teams. There are 24 first-year students on the varsity and club teams.

“Esports is an amazing opportunity for students to get in their element in a setting that hasn’t been done before at Bridgewater,” said Gianni Maltese, senior and EAFC player. “I can speak for all of us when I say that we are proud to have a coach in our corner that will give countless opportunities to succeed. Esports is an exciting way to be an athlete on campus and is a great way to express yourself.”

Students can get involved whether it is through a high commitment program like the varsity team or interest in a lower commitment via the club.

“We have students in the top three percent of the country on our team,” said Head Esports Coach Tristan Supples. 

This fall will include the first season of competition for EAFC, Madden 2k, and Valorant. All games will be streamed to https://www.twitch.tv/bwater_esports and highlights will be posted to Youtube.

Keep an eye out for upcoming match dates on Bridgewater Esports’ Instagram page. Competition begins September 28 with EAFC.

The varsity team is accepting walk-ons based on skill level and commitment to the program. For more information about Bridgewater College Esports please visit https://www.bridgewater.edu/esports/ or contact [email protected] with any questions related to Esports.