The Student News Site of Bridgewater College

BCVoice

BCVoice

BCVoice

Student Athlete Focus: Kennedy Fauntleroy

Freshman Spotlight: Shining a Light on the Class of 2027

Br
The Eagles celebrate a goal scored during an early-season match against Regent on their home turf, with freshman standout Gavin Kast in the spotlight. As the season progresses, the team eagerly anticipates their continued contributions from the freshman class.

Bridgewater, VA- The Men’s soccer team’s incoming freshman class of 12 recruits is aiming high in their debut season in Division III soccer, eager to carve out their roles.

The freshmen roster of the Men’s Soccer team at Bridgewater College boasts a dynamic group embarking on their first season in the highly competitive Old Dominion Athletic Conference, a formidable Division III league.

Amid this talented group of newcomers, poised to make substantial contributions to the team’s triumphs and carry high aspirations for their tenure in the men’s soccer program, we shine a spotlight on Jack Demers and Gavin Kast, both in the thick of their freshman season.

“My long-term goal is to get the Rookie of the Year for the ODAC and have a great season with at least 15 goal contributions,” said first year player Gavin Kast.  “Obviously another long-term goal is to bring the team to a couple championships and bring us to the top where we belong.”

The incoming freshman class is excited about the prospect of creating cherished team memories, not just this season, but for the seasons to come. Although their journey may take different forms, the team’s positive and unifying culture remains intact. The freshmen have already observed leadership emerging from all corners of the team, offering them a solid basis for future progress and camaraderie.

“I think the team culture this year is very strong, we have a great group of guys with some very solid leaders on the team,” said first year player Jack Demers. “I think I have helped to build team chemistry by getting to know all the guys outside of soccer just as much as on the pitch.”

As the Bridgewater men’s soccer program gears up for the commencement of conference play, they will look forward to their second game in conference play on the road against Guilford on Sept. 23.

The anticipation of embarking on their journey towards ODAC glory is palpable. With unwavering determination, the Eagles are poised to seize this season as an opportunity to make a resounding statement, dispelling any notions that their impressive 9-6-3 record in the 2022 season was a mere stroke of luck. Their steadfast commitment to excellence and their unyielding spirit are sure to captivate fans and competitors alike, as they set their sights on achieving even greater heights in their current campaign.