BCVoice

BCVoice

BCVoice

Student Athlete Focus: Kennedy Fauntleroy

Rocking the Block at Homecoming

Kirsten Pittman
Ernie the eagle poses in front of McKinney Hall of Bridgewater’s campus. This year, BC had tents in the middle of the campus mall with different activities you can participate in and food.

Bridgewater, Va.- This year at BC, many students were excited to be a part of the homecoming activities that happened the weekend of Oct. 27-29. There were many events going on such as the bonfire and fireworks Friday night that students were excited to engage with. On campus, students were outside surrounded by a lot of different foods that people were able to enjoy and eat. 

Students from Bridgewater who participated in the activities were excited to see former students, eat nice cuisines, and have a fun time with anyone around. Homecoming at BC every year is a fun time for students to meet and connect with each other, especially considering that there is a tailgate every year next to the football field where people are able to come and have fun. We cannot forget the parents and little children that come and stop by at the campus mall to relax and have fun. 

Visitors are able to hang out with students and talk with them and connect during homecoming or when there are other activities during the school year. (Bridgewater College)

Current students have opinions on how homecoming went this year at BC and a lot of students enjoyed themselves, since there were many things to participate in and be a part of. “I didn’t really get to go to much of the homecoming activities, but I would say going to the football games was probably my favorite,” replied Javin Kuykendall, a junior at BC. “ I saw a few of the alumni and previous friends I’ve had on campus and I tried to come back to a few if I had the chance.” 

They all know that Bridgewater’s Homecoming has a lot of festive events and is really exciting to see. During the weekend, you would see families from the town of Bridgewater watch the parade and cheer for the marching band. BC’s homecoming is even special to the first-years here at BC. “It was just a good weekend overall,” replied Ashton Smith. With festive events and nice cuisines to eat, students here love it.

Other colleges around the area have homecomings too, but BC’s homecoming is more known and iconic because a lot of people in the Shenandoah area talk about it the most. “I think it’ll be a really fun experience to come back and see how it’s changed,” said Kate Griffin, a sophomore at BC.  “The pizza was good. Pepperoni was my favorite.” Griffin seemed to enjoy the food that was offered at homecoming. What a year at BC. Let’s see what next year has in store.