BCVoice

BCVoice

BCVoice

Student Athlete Focus: Kennedy Fauntleroy

Bridgewater College Hosts its Second Open House for High School Students in the Funkhouser Center

Ortez Marshman
Dr. Steve Ingham, advisor of BCVoice, represents the organization at the open house on Feb. 10. Any student of any major can take the class to engage in news writing, photography, or podcasting.

Bridgewater, Va.- At the open house on Feb. 10, potential students got the opportunity to speak with Dr. Steve Ingham, Faculty Advisor for the COMM 131 and 256X News Practicum courses, who represents BCVoice. 

BCVoice is a combination of a class and a club that is open to all students to join no matter their major. Each staff member or contributor will be responsible for creating and publishing news. It is counted as a three credit class where any major can take it twice and earn up to six credits. 

The program allows students to choose their area of news, focusing on news writing, podcasting, video or photography. They have different requirements with news writers needing ten publications and non-news writers needing eight publications at the end of the semester to meet the course requirements. 

“The BCVoice is a wonderful opportunity for students here at Bridgewater College to have a voice here on campus, whether that’s about local concerns, sports, coverage areas, we also talk about theater and all sorts of programs on campus regardless of what their major is to engage with others,” said Ingham.

There is only one prerequisite requirement, COMM 255W, in order to take next year’s three credit course.

“I hear a lot of good things about the BCVoice program, and I always see their articles on the school website and am looking forward to seeing more in the future,” said Dr. Ellen Mitchell,  Department Head of Chemistry.