The Student News Site of Bridgewater College

BCVoice

BCVoice

BCVoice

Student Athlete Focus: Kennedy Fauntleroy

Give it Up for Big City Band

Local Band Performs at Dayton Concert Series
Bailey Fulk
Big City band performs at the Dayton Dove Park Pavilion on Saturday, September 16. The performance was the grand finale to the town’s Summer Concert Series.

Bridgewater, Va.- Big City Band concluded the Town of Dayton’s summer long Concert Series on September 16 at the Dove Park Pavilion, continuing the band’s year of live performances.

Starting in May this year, Big City Band started their tour, featuring performances at local lawn parties and other special events throughout Virginia.

“I’ve seen them in many places around the area and they draw quite the crowd,” said community member Rochelle Long. “I think this summer tour was a real hit for the band that got them a lot of attention from locals.”

Their Dayton concert featured covers of The Rolling Stones and Wilson Pickett and a few of their original hits.

“They have a few originals but it’s not what they usually sing,” said Long. “What I like about them is that they change their set depending on the crowd and where they’re at.”

The Grottoes based band has been voted as the Shenandoah Valley’s top five band every year since 2020 due to their unique performances and dedicated fans, called the BCB Strangers.

“I’ve been a fan of them I think back since they started,” said Long. “Even though they all sing, I typically like when the guitar player sings. My favorite place I’ve seen them play is probably Cave Hill because they have lots of lights and a bigger show.”

The band is working to release their debut EP in the On Saturday, Sept. 23, the band will be performing at Cave Hill Brewery in McGaheysville starting at 6:30 p.m. More information about the band can be found on their website.