BCVoice

BCVoice

BCVoice

Student Athlete Focus: Kennedy Fauntleroy

Bridgewater College Esports Kicks Off its Inaugural Season

The Eagles Take Wins Over Five Colleges In Their Leagues
Bridgewater College Esports
Bridgewater College Esports is hard at work to provide the highest quality content possible. On top of professional setups, the streams feature player cameras to create a more personal experience for viewers.

Bridgewater, Va.- The Bridgewater College Esports team has begun their season competing in EA FC, Valorant, and Madden, taking six wins over the course of ten matches so far.

Bridgewater College Esports’ Valorant team held the highest viewership thus far during their game against Northern Virginia Community College (NVCC), reaching about 60 concurrent viewers. The Twitch channel, @Bwater_Esports, has gained 100 plus video on demand (VOD) views on each of their streams.

In efforts to create moments that may resonate beyond the moment of competition, the Esports team has uploaded the competition VODs onto YouTube which may be found under the “LIVE” tab on their channel.

On Thursday, Oct. 19, there are two matchups: Madden versus Saint Francis University and Valorant versus George Mason University. To watch the Valorant match, visit Bridgewater Esports on YouTube to catch up on that VOD. (Hunter Aversa)

“We are one of the only schools that live streams matches in our conference,” said Tristan Supples, Head Esports Coach. “It’s a surprise to me that they don’t all broadcast and it’s one thing that we are really proud of, which is why we have a professional setup and a high quality broadcast.

Supples stated that the Oct. 12 competition of EA FC was their first broadcast in full HD 1080p, as a means of adding to stream quality.

Along with the content being uploaded from Twitch, there will also be a weekly podcast, “This Week at BC Esports,” covering the action that took place the week prior that can be found on YouTube. Episode one of the podcast can be found there now.

“I’m really excited for another opportunity to showcase my skill sets and really don’t want to let the teams down,” said senior Gianni Maltese prior to his EA FC competition on Oct. 16. “I have put the time in and want to show off on the biggest stage I have.”