The Student News Site of Bridgewater College

BCVoice

BCVoice

BCVoice

Student Athlete Focus: Kennedy Fauntleroy

The New Rebecca Quad

Ortez Marshman
The first semester of the renovated Rebecca Quad and its improvements on campus, showing the middle of the campus’ newest scenery.

Bridgewater, Va.- One of the biggest changes from this school year compared to last year is the Rebecca Quad, allowing students to gather and socialize in that area. 

Rebecca Quad last year was nothing but just a grass area where students pass through fields with little scenery of life, but when you compare it to now, it’s more lively and full of students.  It provides better scenery for everyone on campus being in a high traffic area. 

“The difference between Rebecca Quad for this year and last year was it wasn’t even done halfway throughout the year,” said senior Jaylin Hertz. “Last year, there was a whole bunch of stuff taped off to where you couldn’t even walk through the grass, so now I am able to walk through the grass and it’s a good view.”

The Rebecca Quad has four sets of chairs and tables for the students to socialize, while providing an outside eating area for the students. The emblem towards the front that’s on the sidewalk represents the school colors. The new renovation also provides six different entry points and pathways to and from Rebecca Quad. It has flowers and plants on the outskirts close to the dedication sign outside the KCC.

An excerpt from the Rebecca Quad mission statement states: “With the creation of the Rebecca Quad, the location of the original main entrance to campus, it is our hope that this special place will spur creative ways of thinking, engaging and connecting with the outdoors and one another that enrich your education and your life.”

“Every time I used to walk up, it used to be just grass and nothing really special and whatever, especially in the corner near the statue where a whole bunch of rain would fall making it look messy,” said senior Jordan Fulgod. “Now, the Rebecca Quad looks nice, and it’s good to see something pretty everytime I walk to the KCC.”