The Student News Site of Bridgewater College

BCVoice

BCVoice

BCVoice

Student Athlete Focus: Kennedy Fauntleroy

Senior Gianni Maltese Qualifies for ECAC Playoffs in EA FC

Bridgewater Esports Instagram
Gianni scored 19 goals across both matches against Fire Esports. Gianni has scored EA FC victories against Farmingdale State College, Dallas Baptist University, Fire Esports, and Augustana College.

Bridgewater, Va.- Bridgewater College Esports celebrates as Senior and EA FC player Gianni Maltese, “Socpro1,” qualified for the ECAC playoffs in EA FC, trying for 7th place in the conference of 85 other teams.

Despite this being his first and only EA FC season, Gianni is proud of the work he has put in as well as being a member of the inaugural Bridgewater College Esports team under head coach Tristan Supples.

“I set high goals for myself and I expect nothing less,” said Maltese on Episode 3 of “This Week at BC Esports.” “I just know that this motivated me even more and I need to continue to get the reps in.”

Following the strong performance through Oct. 16, 2023, Bridgewater College Esports came up with a record of four wins and twelve losses across all of their titles through Nov. 13.

Bridgewater picked up wins against Dallas Baptist University, Farmingdale State College, Buena Vista University, and Southeastern University, all under the EA FC title.

Valorant and Madden competitors have unfortunately not been able to pick up any wins over the past few weeks. Senior Madden competitor Noah Hughes was not able to qualify for the playoffs, however he has one more match for record and is looking to end the season strong.

“Yeah it honestly just felt awful, I felt I got behind early and got away from the game and was kind of forcing everything,” said Hughes on Episode 4 of  “This Week at BC Esports.”