BCVoice

BCVoice

BCVoice

Student Athlete Focus: Kennedy Fauntleroy

Eagles Fall Short to Maroons in Home Game

• The Eagles begin the game by cheering on the team of Bridgewater. Number twelve, Alexis Edmons, a freshman from Hopewell VA, started in the Eagles vs. Maroons game.

• Sophomore Kaila Ford captures the ball in an attempt to make a basket on the Maroons. As Roanoke slowly pushed ahead, the Eagles did not back down.

• The Eagles begin their play by setting up the ball, in order to score on the Maroons.

• As the Eagles fall behind, number two, Ford, makes a free throw to help Bridgewater catch up.

• Freshman Alexis Edmonds is surrounded by the defense from the Maroons as she looks for an opening to pass and score. Edmonds brought in four crucial rebounds in the game.

• Jaden Alsberry, only one of the two seniors on the team this year, makes her mark throughout her last and final season of basketball. Alsberry brought in seven points against Roanoke.

• Senior Abby Freeman is on her last season of her career. Freeman had the most points scored against the Maroons, totalling ten points.

• As the Eagles defend their net against the Maroons, number five Abby Corcoran, defends the net. Corcoran had a total of seven points scored throughout the game. Although the Eagles’ efforts weren’t enough, Bridgewater has another chance. They will return to action on Saturday, January 20th, to gain victory over Guilford.