BCVoice

BCVoice

BCVoice

Student Athlete Focus: Kennedy Fauntleroy

Men’s Lacrosse Win in a Thriller to Open the Season

• The Eagles began their first game of the season on Saturday, Feb. 17. The Eagles opened up their 2024 campaign against Susquehanna at Jopson Athletic Complex.

• Number 12, Ryan Linn, is seen scanning the field looking for an open teammate. Linn had 1 shot on goal and 1 ground ball in the contest.

• Number 6, Hayden Gourley, a senior midfielder, is seen getting past the defense, in an attempt to score on the River Hawks.

• The Eagles and River Hawks fight for a ground ball near the midfield line. Junior, number 30, Jackson Wicker fought for the ground ball.

• Sophomore, Riley Stewart, number 25, is setting up a pass to number 8, senior Colby Smith. Stewart netted 2 goals throughout the game and Smith secured 1 goal.

• Number 7, Trevor McClelland, is seen searching for an opportunity to score for the Eagles. McClelland scored 2 points throughout the game, including the overtime winning goal.

• Junior, number 21, Drew Huber is seen catching the ball, thrown by sophomore, number 17, Jacob Mead. Huber scored 2 goals to help the Eagles.

• Number 9, Aiden Bruehl, attempts to score on the River Hawks. The Eagles goalie, Gabe Wallman, made 18 saves and had 37 shallots faced throughout the entirety of the game.

• After winning in an overtime goal, shot by McClelland, the Eagles race to celebrate with their teammates. Bridgewater won 9-8 against Susquehanna University.

• The Eagles will return to action on March 9, in a home game to attempt another victory against Allegheny.