Music Production Club Hosts Workshop and Continues Meetings

Lydia Hart

Senior Instructor of Sociology Skip Burzumato helped lead a record production workshop as part of the college’s music production club. The music production club has started to do more formal meetings this year.

Mackenzie Hammack, Staff Writer

Bridgewater, Va.- Bridgewater College’s music production club hosted a workshop on how a record is made on Jan. 27 and is continuing meetings in the new semester.

What’s New?

• This year, the music production club has started to host formal meetings again. Additionally, they held their first workshop this semester on record production.
  • “When you learn something in school you learn a lot of stuff you’ll use and a lot of stuff you’ll never use, so you have a wider base to pull from,” said junior Alex Jensen, who holds a leadership position in the club. “I’m excited for the educational aspect.”

Why it Matters:

• Jensen described the club as mostly productive rather than educational, so the workshop represents a shift in the club’s structure.
  • “I think it fits right in with Bridgewater’s clubs,” said senior Aidan Cruggs. “It definitely sounds like a group where just about anyone with musical interests would be welcomed, and it seems especially valuable to students who wish to share their ideas and broaden their creativity.”

What’s Ahead:

• Jensen expressed concern for what will happen to the club after he graduates, but encouraged interested students to reach out to him or the club’s advisor, Senior Instructor of Sociology Skip Burzumato.