The CEO Club Plans for the Spring and Volunteers for Future Leadership

Jaia Dunbar

Members of the CEO club talking about the clubs and organizations fair for Admitted Students Day. The executive board for the 2022-2023 school year will be sitting at the club’s table on March 26 and April 9.

Jaia Dunbar, Staff Writer

Bridgewater, Va. – At their weekly meeting on Wednesday, March 16 Bridgewater College’s CEO Club prepared for upcoming campus events as well as the upcoming school year.

The president of CEO Club, junior Caleb Massie, explained to the club that there were two Admitted Students Days coming up and he needed someone to represent the club.

“Last time we had a clubs and organizations fair, I had to sit at the table alone for hours and I do not want to do that again – so it is someone else’s turn to volunteer,” said Massie jokingly.

Members of the club decided to have at least three volunteers for both days this semester.

“I am going to make a group chat for the second Admitted Students Day volunteers, so that we can plan everything out in detail later,” said junior Faith Helm, vice president of the club.

After they finished the preparation for Admitted Students Day on March 26, Massie told the club members they needed to decide who was going to be on the executive board for the 2022-2023 school year.

“I volunteered myself for the treasurer position because I like being in charge of the money at work, so I figured it would be the same kind of deal,” said junior Katie Brooks.

The new executive board for next year includes first-year Delanie McGill as president, junior Faith Helm is returning as vice president, junior Katie Brooks as treasurer, first-year Mellser Aguilar Lopez as secretary and first-year Mayssa Salameh as their media person.

“Now that we got all of the serious parts of the club out of the way, we need to do something fun and exciting,” said Helm. “I want to have a water balloon fight at the end of the semester.”